Philosophy of Service
The Windsor of Venice is dedicated to providing the highest standards in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.
These concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:
· Promote the individuality of each resident
· Offer each resident dignity and respect
· Foster independence for each resident
· Support each resident’s right to privacy
· Support the needs of family and friends
· Provide a supportive residential environment
· Partner with residents and family in care decisions
· Offer individual choices in care, services, and lifestyle
Quality Design Features of The Windsor of Venice
· Elegant home-style architecture
· Porte Cochere providing weather covered access to the front entrance
· Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
· Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
· Elegant dining room
· Café for casual dining and snacks
· Enclosed courtyard / covered porch
· Common living room, game room, and library
· Electronically controlled entrances
· Fire/smoke alarms, and sprinkler systems
At The Windsor of Venice, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose result in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal services in the most cost effect manner.
Base Monthly Service Includes:
· Spacious apartment
· Utilities (except phone and TV)
· Weekly housekeeping & laundry
· Routine maintenance
· Three nutritious meals and snacks
· Life Enrichment activities
· 24-Hour access to staff
· Licensed nurse on staff
· Health monitoring by full time professional staff
Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)
· Medication assistance
· Specialized diets
· Assistance with bathing , dressing, grooming and other personal care
· Assistance with ambulation
The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.
· Distinctive studio and one bedroom apartment styles
· Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
· Wall-to-wall carpeting, except in bathrooms
· Large bathroom with curbless shower
· Emergency call system with speaker response
· Telephone and television connections
· Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor of Venice. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on the Windsor Life Enrichment calendar. The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.
You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program called Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments is a very personal, loving dedication to service. It requires service for specific and individual needs. More often, the resident with memory loss needs assistance with life's daily activities including personal care but may not have an acute medical condition requiring around the clock skilled nursing or instruction. Finding that unique combination of physical setting and specialized care is a journey traveled by many families. At Reflections, our trained staff works closely with family members and friends to assemble a "Life History" identifying the personal experiences of each resident's life. Through the "Life History," we get to know the personality behind the person, fostering a one-to-one association more like "friend to friend" rather than "staff to patient." Details and events from your loved one's past become "shared" memories and experiences serving as a foundation for activities, communication and the development of friendships built on support, understanding and mutual respect.